What's in my 'Emergency Kit'?

Saturday, March 18, 2017 12 Comments A+ a-

Okay so does anyone remember when I said you wouldn't find any fashion or beauty related posts on here, well.. I guess it really isn't but some may class it as beauty reluctance but oh well - I did say don't hold me to it..

Anyway, back to the post - I'm sure we've all see posts about what's in my bag, make up bag, travel bag etc. and last month I read one of my good blogger friend, Francesca's 10 Things Every Girl Should Have in Their Handbag, I was inspired, as a less of a girly girl who doesn't always brush her hair kinda girl, I thought I'd share what overly practical things are in my 'Emergency Kit' for when I do carry a bag around with me.

Let's start with the bag/pouch it's in;
Mint Green Maje Pouch

This was actually given to me by one of my best friends, Rochelle, she's used to work there and these were some freebies that obviously she had to share the love with and it's been very well used since! It's just a perfect size for what needs to be contained!

Now the contents of the pouch; in no particular order and they're all pretty much self explanatory but why the heck not explain right?

Pocket Mirror
I personally don't use this often myself but sometimes your phone doesn't justify and half the time someone else is asking for it.

Plasters
I wouldn't say I'm a clumsy one but I like to be prepared or better yet for those horrible blisters you get from new shoes and again, mostly been given to other people.

Pads and Tampons
Now this is simply self explanatory, as a girl, life is full of surprises and one of them is usually bloody Mother Nature! I personally don't use tampons, tried once and no thanks, so I have loads to spare, for again, maybe someone else (so considerate I am haha)

Hair Bands and Bobby Pins
They are just a must, with someone with long hair, commuting, going into events where it's hot and life in general, you just need to throw your hair up and here's no worse feeling than knowing you can't and you gotta have those bobby pins around for them damn baby hairs.

Extra Pair of Knickers
I have to admit, this one is usually only if I can't fit it in at the end but these are too just important, for example unexpected Mother Nature call or an unexpected sleepover, I don't know, can't always be over prepared!

Paracetamol & other Medication
There is always someone out there asking for paracetamol and it's just handy to have them, especially for when you've had a long day at work and you're heading out straight for dinner. It's a must! I've even got some day & night flu tablets and something for if you have the runs.

Hand Sanitiser
Like do you even commute? The world is gross people and you just can't risk the germs, especially when you've just picked up a packet of crisps but you have to wait to wash your hands first.

So now you know, if you're ever around me and I've got a bag, you know I'm your girl for when you're in need!

Do you have an 'Emergency Kit'? Will you now create one after this post? Let me know what you thought!

Want to know more?

Food & Couple Lifestyle | Travelling

12 comments

Write comments
Saturday, 18 March, 2017 delete

I definitely need to create an emergency kit like this, I am forever wishing I had hand sanitizer in my bag or panicking because I'm not sure if I've put tampons or sanitary towels in the bag I'm currently using 🙈🙈 Thank you for sharing your kit with us!

Abbey ❤️ www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

Alex Osman
AUTHOR
Saturday, 18 March, 2017 delete

I actually need an emergency kit! Like my stuff is just thrown around my handbag. This was so goo babe!!! Thanks for the inspiration xx

Sunday, 19 March, 2017 delete

Loved this emergency kit. Such a fabulous idea! And the spare knickers? Brilliant. You just never know, eh? Kirby grips, bobbles, plasters etc. You are totally organised! Would love to have you as my friend on a night out - everything a girl may need haha!

Love
Charlene McElhinney
@blogabtnothing1

Sunday, 19 March, 2017 delete

I loved this post. I used to have an emergency kit in a little bag to put in my huge bag but now I just throw everything into my big bag and it's all a mess. Definitely need to organise it before I start my new job.

Thanks for sharing.

Sabah || www.womanishaffairs.org

lifeasloismay
AUTHOR
Monday, 20 March, 2017 delete

How have I never thought of having an emergency kit before? I have different bags and always just throw random stuff in them and never take them out and put them in the bag that I am using for the day. Maybe I need to get a little bag like yourself and just put everything in there to keep it all together!
Great read!
Lois x
www.lifeasloismay.wordpress.com

Monday, 20 March, 2017 delete

I have both emergency kit and makeup bag in one. In my emergency kit apart from beauty products I have a small mirror, hand cream, bobbi pins and hair elastics, nail file and of course some medication. I also have either tissues or hand sanitizer, but they're usually just in my bag. But suppose I really need to refill my emergency kit with some products/things, which I used up, so thanks for this post. It was really nice to know what you have in yours and to get some ideas :)

Kate

Charlotte
AUTHOR
Monday, 20 March, 2017 delete

I love this post! I'm one of those people who constantly needs certain things but never has them on her, I should take your advice;)
Fab post.
Charlotte xx
theporcelaindollblog.blogspot.co.uk

Monday, 20 March, 2017 delete

I literally carry all of these in my handbag except the extra pair of pants but that's actually a really good idea and I think I'll be adding a pair in further! My friends joke that I'm always prepared for any occasion because my bag is full of all those things! Great post!
PaleGirlRambling xo

Monday, 20 March, 2017 delete

I don't really have a cute emergency kit bag like this, but I am someone who is so paranoid about what could happen I carry far too much in my backpack! Might need to be sensible and take inspiration from this though...thanks for sharing! xx

sophieannetaylor.blogspot.co.uk

Monday, 20 March, 2017 delete

I can't really say I have an emergency kit because all the content of that kit is spread over in my bag. Like literally everywhere! But we have kinda the same things ahah xx Corinne

Cora Linn
AUTHOR
Monday, 20 March, 2017 delete

Mine is pretty much the same, but with a comb, a lighter, and a permanent marker chucked in there too.
I love posts like this, I'm so nosy.
Cora x http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

Thursday, 23 March, 2017 delete

This is actually a smart little bit to put together. I 100% need a pocket mirror because whenever I use my phone, I feel like people think I'm just trying to take a selfie. Plus, I feel like a mirror would have a better reflection than the camera. xx

Breanna Catharina