Do What You Need To Do

Saturday, April 08, 2017 8 Comments A+ a-

Be happy with what you've got,
while working for what you want.

This is another quote I live by and is definitely one in the top 3 (I really like quotes)

It's pretty self explanatory but it's one that again is easily dismissed by people. You know those people who are stuck in a job they don't want to be in (yup that's me) there's probably no other reason than the fact, what I am currently doing is not what I want to do in life.

Currently I am pretty much working to pay the bills and to some that's already they life and that okay, but it's not the life for me. So just quit what didn't make you happy right? No wrong, who's going to pay my bills? But at the same time I'm not just going to complain about my current job, I'm going to be grateful that I have one to begin with and I'm going to find/do what I need to do to get to where I want to be in the meantime.

I currently work for a uniform company, but I actually want to be an events organiser. So what have I done to get that you asked m? While I've had this job (it's been nearly three years) I have helped organise a beauty pageant, I have organised a debut (a traditional Filipino 18th birthday party) and "started" my own debut company (okay not that greatest of examples as it's dead) but it's the thought and the actions I have tried and I will keep on trying (although I have taken a break from it)

That was actually a terrible example.

What I'm trying to say is, if what you're doing right now is not what you want to do in the future? What are you doing now to help make it happen?  Don't be one of them people who complains but doesn't change a damn thing.

Be happy with what you've got, while working for what you want.

Want to know more?

8 comments

Write comments
Monday, 10 April, 2017 delete

This is a great post. If I'm ever in a position I don't want to be in, I always ask myself how I plan to change it. I want too mucbout of life to simply not go for what I want. I think it's fantastic you let your ambitions guide you and keep trying ♥️

Breanna Catharina
toocuteforlife.com

Sophy Smith
AUTHOR
Monday, 10 April, 2017 delete

This is a great post. I needed this today!
Panda x
thealienb4by.wordpress.com

Monday, 10 April, 2017 delete

Completely agreed with you here Jess! You do have to go through transitional phases in your life while you're working towards the overall goal! It sounds like you've got your head screwed on right and that you're definitely the kind of determined person who will achieve your goals one day!

Abbey 😘 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

Abigail West
AUTHOR
Monday, 10 April, 2017 delete

Everyone has to go through this stage in life and it can only get you a bit closer to that dream! Keep going and drive yourself towards that goal, you can do it!

Abs x

Monday, 10 April, 2017 delete

That is a great saying to live by! Good luck with becoming an events organiser!
PaleGirlRambling xo

SazSinclair
AUTHOR
Monday, 10 April, 2017 delete

So true. Not everyone has the luxury of starting where they aim to be. Best of luck for your future!

Sarah | sazsinclair.blogspot.co.uk xx

Tuesday, 11 April, 2017 delete

This is a great post with a lovely message. Best of luck chasing your dreams! Xx

Sophia x http://sophiawhitham.co.uk

Wednesday, 12 April, 2017 delete

Couldn't agree more about this!!! I hate when people complain about how shit life is but don't want to do anything to better themselves! I've always said I want to do something different I don't want to be working an office job just to pay bills and live life I want much more and actively I'm always taking steps to hopefully get there!